Shelter Medicine Club
The Shelter Medicine Club (SMC) is a student-run club that is devoted to promoting students with an interest in shelter medicine. The goal of the SMC is for students to gain experience in a shelter setting while exposing them to community outreach. Our intent is to further the impact of shelter medicine in our community and future communities while serving animals and people alike.
Student Society of Veterinary Surgery (SSVS)
The Student Society of Veterinary Surgery (SSVS) has a mission:
- To ENABLE classmates to realize their dreams of becoming veterinary surgeons.
- To SUPPORT fellow members that share a passion for surgery and veterinary medicine
- To DEFINE our society as a place where all can thrive and recognize their value in an ever-changing, inclusive community
- To INSPIRE veterinary students and future veterinarians on the path to their specialties
Food Animal Club
The Food Animal Club strives to advance veterinary student and community knowledge in the health and welfare of production animals, including conservation of those facing extinction, and challenges within the industry. Members will serve as advocates for food safety, security, and sustainability within the food animal industries. This will be accomplished through informative lectures led by industry leaders, hands-on opportunities to further education and community outreach.
Student Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
SVECCS is a club for students who are interested in pursuing emergency and critical care medicine. The club provides both learning and hands-on opportunities in ECC, and is in the midst of assembling an Emergency Response Team to aid in disaster relief in the future.
AAEP: American Association of Equine Practitioners
Our mission is to make the equine community more accessible for all students. We are dedicated to promoting and strengthening educational opportunities within the equine industry. We strive to promote diversity and skill development within the different fields in equine medicine by offering a variety of events.
Integrative Sports Medicine Club's
The Integrative Sports Medicine Club of the University of Arizona’s College of Veterinary Medicine is a student chapter of the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA). Our mission is to promote an holistic approach to animal wellness. The Integrative Sports Medicine Club provides students with education and information and opportunities necessary to explore and pursue proven holistic methods targeted at bettering the lives of animals. As members of the Integrative Sports Medicine Club, we are committed to improving the quality of life of animals through employing proven beneficial modalities within integrative medicine, including, but not limited to, physical rehabilitation, acupuncture, chiropractic,and massage. The ISMC is devoted to promoting the welfare of animals through public awareness of the practice and benefits of working with certified specialists in veterinary sports medicine and rehabilitation.
Student Chapter of The Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)
The Student Chapter of the Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV) is dedicated to advancing and promoting students with an interest in avian health, welfare, and conservation through education, advocacy, and science. Members of the Avian Club will engage in a multitude of learning opportunities and hands-on education focused on the stewardship and welfare of domestic, captive, and wild birds.
One Health Club (OHC)
The One Health Club (OHC) is a student lead organization whose mission is to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration with the goal of improving animal, human, and environmental health through education, service, and community engagement. Our goals are to provide students with various types of events that will ultimately encourage professional, academic, and personal growth. These events include but are not limited to: guest speaker webinars, intercollegiate events with other University of Arizona colleges, and community outreach events. Our club is committed to upholding diversity, equity, and inclusion among our members.
VBMA: The Veterinary Business Management Association
The Veterinary Business Management Association is a student-driven organization dedicated to advancing the profession through increasing business knowledge, creating networking opportunities and empowering students to achieve their personal and professional goals.
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine: Student Chapter
The purpose of the Chapter is to promote the specialties of cardiology, neurology, oncology, large animal internal medicine, and small animal internal medicine through the advancement of knowledge to veterinary medical students.
ZEWAC: Zoo, Exotics, Wildlife, and Aquatics
ZEWAC is a club for students interested in expanding their knowledge about zoo, exotic, wildlife, and aquatic species medicine. The club features opportunities to shadow at Reid Park Zoo, handle exotic animals, listen to a wide variety of experienced veterinarians in this field, and more!
Asian American Veterinary Medical Professional Student Chapter (AAVMP)
Our mission shall be to:
1. Provide professional and educational resources to Asian and AAPI veterinary professionals, veterinary students, and clients
2. Encourage an interest in veterinary medicine among Asian and AAPI youth and support aspiring Asian and AAPI veterinary professionals through providing mentorship and other educational resources
3. Foster success for Asian and AAPI veterinary students and professionals by offering support and guidance with consideration of individual cultural backgrounds
4. Promote and spread awareness about Asian and AAPI cultures through events and meetings for veterinary students and professionals
5. Facilitate networking opportunities among Asian and APPI veterinary professionals
6. Unite and support the Asian and AAPI veterinary community and demonstrate allyship alongside other affinity organizations
7. Collaborate with similarly aligned diversity initiatives and affinity groups to advocate for greater general diversity in the veterinary profession.